Food - Gastronomy
Food - Gastronomy - Santa Marta
Santa Marta’s cuisine is an exquisite mix of flavors: Spanish, African, indigenous … all next to the sea. So fresh fish and seafood abound that incorporate tropical flavors (coconut and fruits) to create exquisite dishes.
- Carimanola: Cassava stuffed with meat and cheese, served with chili sauce.
- Arepa de Huevo: Fried maize arepa stuffed with egg, served with chili sauce.
- Coconut rice: Most dishes in the region are served with coconut rice – especially seafood or fish.
- Dulce de Name (Name sweet): A delicious dessert made from cassava
- Cocadas: Butter/Coconut cookies
- Sweets made from coconut and yam and cassava … abound!
- Seafood soup with lime and chili pepper to add kick.